Thursday, September 1

Seikkailu...

That means adventure. I've been having lots of those lately. Well, I guess you could say this whole year is an adventure... but these things lately are just interesting things I have done that I like to consider to be adventures. But it doesn't really take much for me to call something an "adventure".

So I guess my first adventure would be sailing. I went sailing last weekend with my little host sister's girl scout troop (there was actually only 3 of them though) on a boat called the Hemmingway. We went through the Turku Archipelago, and it was gorgeous! Unfortunately... I didn't really get all that many pictures (at all) of the views because it was either rainy and I didn't want my camera out, or it was windy and rough and we were always moving the sails and I was afraid it would break or go overboard. I did, however, manage to get pictures of the tall ships leaving the harbor on our last day sailing as we were coming it. It was an awesome sight to see! There were boats, big and small, everywhere.



Second adventure... we went to the Turku Cathedral where my host dad had one of his concerts. He plays the organ, and the organ in this church was spectacular. Actually... the entire church was spectacular, but we didn't really have much time before or after the concert to look around, so we are going to go back some other time. But the concert was really good! Much different than I had expected. When I think of the organ, I think of church, and that usually doesn't come with very good music at 9 o'clock on Sunday mornings with the eldest members of my community. However, it was actually kind of exciting, and I would go to one again! We got to go up and check out the organ after the concert, and I got a few pictures.


Last adventure I will mention... Flowpark! So fun! It's a high ropes course, but there are tons of different courses here, and there are different levels. My gym class went (which is all girls) today, and it was really nice to spend time with them and get to know them a little better. I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out with them again! But the high ropes course was so fun! There was a lot more variety of the things to climb on to get to the next platform than any of the high ropes courses I have seen or been on in the US. And there were a lot of zip lines, which I love. Some were short just to get from one platform to the next in the middle of the course, and then every course always ended with a one as well. There was one course, however, that I was too afraid to do! I climbed up and was all hooked in to go... but I just couldn't do it. It consisted of pretty much just holding onto a rope and swinging over to the next thing, which was just a barrel hanging from a cable. That was a bit too much for me, and I climbed back to the ground. And so far, I don't regret that choice. 




That's all that I have to say about my adventures for now... but I'm sure there will be many more to come! 





3 comments:

  1. Hannah that is so awesome your pictures are AMAZING. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowpark is right next to my house! I think.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Hannah! You sure landed in a fun, adventurous host family. Such great experiences! Sisu!

    ReplyDelete