Sunday, October 9

viikonloppu

That means weekend. And mine was pretty good. This is going to be a short post though, unlike all my others.

Friday I started a new term at school, and on Fridays I just have Spanish and English. And I really like both of those classes I think. Should be a good term. And tomorrow now I have Russian and Music, so those should be fun too!

After school I made peanut butter cookies for my host sisters birthday party, and watched Star Wars with my host mom and host sister.
The Star Wars was necessary because....

Saturday I went to this Star Wars convention type thing.. but it wasn't really a convention. Just a thing where they showed different movies. One was about copyright laws, but has been considered "the sexiest film about copyright laws", and it was pretty good. It was all about a band, Girl Talk, and I like so it was good. And then the main event was the "Star Wars: Uncut", which was 15 seconds clips of the movie that people had made and submitted, so they were all put together to make the entire movie. Which was kind of confusing, so I'm really glad I watched the movie the night before I went since I hadn't seen it before.
But that whole day I had hung out with some exchange students and one of their Finnish friends. We went to a cafe and hung out at this exhibit all about soccer for a while, and they had an Xbox Kinect, so we played that for a while. Fun stuff.
I stayed the night then at my friend from Minnesota's house, and we just talked about everything, which is always nice to do with other exchange students. AND, next year, she will only be 45 minutes from the UofM, so I hope to see her quite a bit.

Today I FINALLY bought me some Nokia Hai Frost boots. They're like the rain boots that they have, but warm for winter. So perfect, kill two birds with one stone: rain and cold.

Tonight I watched a movie with my host sister called Desert Flower. I highly recommend to everyone. Super good, but really sad as well.

AND, this whole weekend has been absolutely perfect fall weather, and I'm totally craving some apple cider. So, everyone back home should drink a glass of hot apple cider for me.

Enjoy it, and you'll hear from me soon.

3 comments:

  1. I will have some cider and think of you, darlin'! So, where in Minnesota will your friend be next year...45 minutes from the U?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, did you get the Bama socks to go with the Nokia Hai Frost boots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No socks, but I'm planning on getting some soon! My feet are always cold! And if my friend gets into St Olaf (and I see no reason why she won't), that's where she will be going in Northfield, where she has grown up. But if not... the U is her second choice :)

    ReplyDelete