Tuesday, August 2

4 More Days!

Well... I'm down to four days until I leave! I couldn't be more excited, especially because I was woken up this morning by my mom, telling me that we had finally been e-mailed my flight information! I've been waiting for this for the past month, and had been checking my e-mail pretty much every five minutes for the past two weeks, so it was about time.
So, I will be flying out of Grand Rapids at 12:20 PM and will arrive in Chicago at 12:10PM (Chicago time). Then, I have about a 3 hour layover, and will leave straight from Chicago to Helsinki at 3:35 PM, and will arrive in Helsinki at 8:30 AM. There are a ton of exchange students also flying from Chicago to Helsinki, so it should be fun to all be together for the flight.

Anyways.. for the past few weeks I've just been getting ready to leave. I keep finding more and more things that need to be done, but I'm getting there! Two weekends ago I went over to my aunt & uncle's cabin in Minnesota with my grandma and grandpa. My sister and her boyfriend Cory were also there, and it was nice to finally meet Cory! I was worried I wasn't going to meet him before I left for Finland, but it all worked out. :)  It was just nice to spend time with some family before I left.
About 5 miles from the cabin, there is a town called Finland, Minnesota (the only town named Finland in the US), and they just recently had a mural painted on the side of the co-op in town. Naturally, a picture had to be taken.
Also, we went to a camp nearby where Marley's friend works, and we got to do a high ropes course, which was super fun! Here's a picture of everyone that did it (plus grandpa, the "catcher", as we called him, because his job was to catch everyone before they hit the stairs on their way down from the zip line. 
So that trip was a lot of fun!

Also, last weekend I had my going away party with my friends. We had a bonfire, listened to one of my friends sing & play her guitar, and just had a good time. I'll miss everyone, but I'm glad to know I have such good friends that will be here when I get back. 

As for now, it's just more packing up to leave. I'll try to post soon with some information about where I'll be staying next year, and then I'll post again with pictures when I finally get everything all packed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment