Friday, August 5

All Ready To Go! :)

I JUST FINISHED PACKING! AND... I will be in Finland in a total of 24 hours!!!
I was planning on posting pictures of before and after of the whole packing thing.... but somehow the before pictures are nowhere to be found. However, here is a "in the process" picture.


This does not even begin to show the amount of stuff that was in that room... that ALL ended up in my suitcases. (even though I AM taking 2, because I really don't feel like paying double the price I would here for anything I might need). 
And there it is! It doesn't look like much for a year... but I'm sure I'll look like a fool trying to carry that all around the airport, but it's worth it I think! 

Enough of the packing! I skyped with my host family yesterday for the first time. Although their video didn't work, it was really nice talking to them and learning more about the town and family I'll be staying in. AND... they eat REINDEER! Which, if you didn't know, is one of the things I'm most looking forward to while there. Whenever anyone asks me what I want to do most (or a similar question), I answer with "eat reindeer". So I was very happy to hear that they eat it regularly. They seem like a wonderful family and I can't wait to meet them all! 
I guess this will be my last post from the States, since we are leaving for the airport at 7 am tomorrow. I go straight to language camp with all of the other exchange students for a week as soon we get to Finland, and I will meet up with my host family on the 13th. I will post another blog when I'm all settled into my new home! 


1 comment:

  1. Well Hannah we did it! And with room and weight to spare. Yeah, we have mad packing skills:)

    ReplyDelete